OUR SIGNATURE ART
Roof repairs, Insulation & More...
There are numerous terms one can use to describe a roof… Old high pitched, arched & ponderous, roughly arched, titanic flat & somber… Let’s help you define yours.
Our Professional Roofing Contracting Teams at Dreco Projects specialise in all types of Roof Structure Repairs, Waterproofing & Maintenance:
Diagram of a typical Roof layout to assist you in determining which ‘Area/Section’ of your Roof requires Repair/Maintenance:
(Click each point to expand info)
Roof flashing is a thin material, usually galvanized steel, that professional roofers use to direct water away from critical areas of the roof, wherever the roof plane meets a vertical surface like a wall or a dormer. Flashing is installed to surround roof features, such as vents, chimneys and skylights.
A concrete cast or galvanised sheeting flat roof with a minimum pitch of 10 degrees to allow for suitable water drainage.
The Eaves are the edges of the roof which overhang the face of a wall and, normally, project beyond the side of a building
A hip roof, hip-roof or hipped roof, is a type of roof where all sides slope downwards to the walls, usually with a fairly gentle slope
The triangular faces of the roof are called the hip ends, and they are bounded by the hips themselves.
A Gable wall or Gable End more commonly refers to the entire wall, including the Gable and the wall below it.
A Gable/Rake is the generally triangular portion of a wall between the edges of intersecting roof pitches
A Sidewall is a junction between a wall and a sloped portion of a roof.
Roof Valleys are the Vee shaped metal channels that run up and down the ‘folds’ of a roof
The Roof Ridge is the highest point on a roof, represented by a horizontal line where two roof areas intersect, running the length of the area
The Roof Fascia is an architectural term for a vertical frieze or band under a roof edge, or which forms the outer surface of a cornice, visible to an observer.
The Roof Soffit is the material between the roof’s eaves where the fascia and gutters are placed to the wall.
Abutments are the locations of the roof where the slope of the roof meets a vertical area, such as a wall or chimney.
A Low Pitch Area is one that slopes 5.08cm in 30.48cm to 10.16cm in 30.48cm of run. Because low slope roofs also drain water more slowly than moderate or steep sloped roofs, systems such as slate or asphalt shingles that rely on mechanical drainage for successful performance, are not used
A Dormer is a roofed structure, often containing a window, that projects vertically beyond the plane of a pitched roof. Dormers are commonly used to increase the usable space in a loft and to create window openings in a roof plane.
CLICK A SERVICE TO READ MORE INFORMATION & ENQUIRE:
Advantages to using Isotherm Insulation:
- Eco Friendly. Manufactured from plastic PET bottles, 100% recyclable.
- Contains no hazardous chemicals.
- Cool in Summer. Roof insulation reduces the heat flow into the home by up to 85%.
- Warm in Winter.
- Energy Saving.
Advantages to using Super Sisalation Insulation:
- Impact positively on the environment.
- It reduces environmental pollution, and the consumption of natural resources and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- It also reduces noise pollution by retarding under tile wind and airflow and contains no ozone depleting substances.
Advantages of using Cavity Batt Insulation:
- It reduces the cost of heating and cooling by over 40%.
- it pays for itself in around five to six years.
- Due to less use of energy to heat or cool it saves non-renewable resources and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- In most cases eliminates condensation on walls and ceilings.
DRIPLEX DOUBLE ALUMINIUM BUBBLE FOIL
Advantages of using Driplex:
- Healthy Material–Made of aluminum foil film material,non-toxic, anti – radiation, flame retardant;
- Keep Cool–It blocks most radiant heat transfer which helps to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter;
- Save Energy–Saves energy by reducing the stress on heating and cooling systems which can reduce utility bills substantially
- Different Places–Ideal as attic insulation, for attic floors, attic rafters, storage sheds, pole barns, metal buildings, and as a house wrap;
- Use Easily–Lightweight ,Reusable and easy installation, it also requires no further maintenance.
Advantages of using Radiant Barrier:
- Works to keep warm air in during the winter and solar radiant heat out during the summer.
- Prevents up to 97% of solar radiation.
- Reduces attic temperatures by up to 30ºF.
- Improves energy efficiency and lowers utility costs, especially if HVAC and duct systems are located in the attic.
Advantages of using Corrugated Roof Sheeting:
- The biggest benefit is that these last for as long as 100 years as these do not rust and is one of the most durable options you have.
- These roofing sheets also do not rot and you do not have to worry about insect attacks like termites and the likes.
Advantages of using IBR Roof Sheeting:
- incredibly versatile
- Durable and long-lasting,
- Their composition makes them easy to maintain
Advantages of using Chromadek Roof Sheeting:
- Chromadek is lighter and stronger than any other roofing material
- Provides roofs of up to 80% lighter than those using concrete tiles.
- Saves total cost on the roof structure and construction time
POLYCARBONATE , TRANSLUCENT & PVC
Advantages of using Polycarbonate Roof Sheeting:
- Nearly Unbreakable
- Bullet Resistant
- UV Resistant
- Perfect for Greenhouses
- Resistant to Extreme Temperatures
- Protects Against Discoloring
- Ease to clean
- Impact resistance
- Scratch resistance
- Fire resistance in factories and workshops
Advantages of using Clay Tiles:
- Clay roof tiles have a longer lifespan than many other materials. …
- Low Maintenance. Compared to other roofing materials, clay tiles require less maintenance, which can lower the total cost of ownership.
- Weather resistance
Advantages of using Asphalt Shingles:
- Easy to cut, fasten and fit
- Shingles are considered the easiest roofing materials to install (and ease of installation keeps the cost down).
- Don’t require specialized accessories for roof edges, wall terminations, and chimney or vent flashings.
Advantages of using Harvey Tiles
- Unique overlapping system and fixing technique provides not only a leak-proof roof but also a form of burglar proofing. Tiles are available in galvanised mild steel substrate or in Alu-Zinc coated mild steel for added long term corrosion resistance
- It’s durable and weather resistant. The acrylic coating was developed to withstand high ultra-violet levels and the most adverse weather conditions. The small stone granules bonded to the tile surface result in a durable finish, which protects against extensive weathering including gale force winds, downpours and hailstorms
- Maintenance – the roof tiles are low on maintenance
- Versatility – Harvey roof tiles are the tiles of choice for re-roofing, easily turning a house into a prize home in just a few days
- Strong on cost saving – the excellent weight to strength ratio of Harvey Roof Tiles means that the investment is in the tiles and not costly roof structures.
Advantages of using Ceramic Roof Tiles
- Because they resist the heat and cold so well, they can actually provide homeowners with easier attic maintenance, guaranteeing maximum airflow within the home.
- They can help save energy and money that would have otherwise been spent on heating and cooling costs, making them a particularly economic roofing
Advantages of using Slate Tiles
- natural ability to be fire resistant and mold resistant
- slate’s low water absorption makes it very resistant to frost damage and breakage due to freezing.
High pressure cleaning works by combining high pressure with a high-water flow, to remove all measures of Debris, Dirt, Bird manure & Acidic Properties that in time, wear away the Integrity and UV stability measures of the Roofing Substrate.
Advantages to High Pressure Roof and gutter Cleaning:
- Removing algae and moss that eat away at roofing
- Exposing areas of damage in need of immediate repair.
- Removing corrosive residues from shingles.
- Reducing silt and mud that winds up in a home’s gutters.
- Restoring the colour of a roof.
We specialise mainly in Hyperdesmo Liquid Polyurethane Waterproofing systems that are most suited for South Africa’s erratic temperature changes.
Advantages of using Liquid Polyurethane Waterproofing Systems:
- Easy and fast installation.
- seamless finish.
- Long term durability and wear resistant.
- UV and weather resistant.
- Resistant to alkaline cleaners, battery acid and fuels.
- Product Quality Guarantee of 20 Years
An airless sprayer works by pumping paint at a very high pressure, up to 3,000 psi, through a hose and out a tiny hole in the spray gun tip. The tip is designed to break up the paint evenly into a fan-shaped spray pattern of tiny droplets.
Advantages of Airless Spray Coating for all Roofing Substrates:
Speed: Airless spraying is up to four times faster than brushing or rolling, enabling more jobs completion in less time, and reducing labor costs.
Quality: Airless sprayers produce an even coat of paint on all types of surfaces, leaving a high quality finish.